Terms & Conditions
This statement covers all of the Out of Hand sites (OOH Sites) and any associated content including email and RSS feeds. Please read the following statements carefully since any access to any of the OOH Sites indicates you’ve agreed that the Terms are in effect.
Our editors typically include images as part of their blog posts and the images that they are authorized to use is the following:
• Images that are licensed from vendors
• Images that are supplied to our editors or released into the public domain by public relations and marketing companies for press or other purposes
• Images that are supplied by readers, with the implied representation that the person submitting the image owns the copyright in the image and the right to give it to us for use on our site
• Images that are published on Photobucket or other public photos sites with licenses granted under Creative Commons, with attribution in accordance with the CC license granted in each case
• Images that are commissioned by OOH Sites
Images that we believe to be covered by the Fair Use Doctrine, such as:
• Thumbnail images of 150 x 150 pixels or less, cropped or reduced in size from the original source
• Images that are used to illustrate a newsworthy story, where the image itself tells a story
• Images used in a transformative manner, such as parody
• Images that are widely distributed that they have become part of the news
If OOH Sites receives any notice that an image is posted up inappropriately such as not keeping with the terms listed above, we reserve the right to remove that image.
If you think we have published an image or text that violates your copyright, we will address your concerns; however, if the image falls into one of the listed categories above and we believe that our use of the image is legitimate, we will not remove it from the site.
To make our comments more interesting and more informative, the list below is a guideline that all users should use to post/view any comments:
• If a comment is made using your identity it will be deemed to have been posted by you
• Abusive, obscene, threatening, harassing, defamatory, libelous, offensive or sexually explicit material are prohibited to post on our site
• Do not intentionally make, false or misleading statements
• Do not post any material that will violate copyright
• Do not post any confidential or sensitive information that may in breach with the law
• Keep all comments relevant and “on topic” to the particular site posting open for comments
External Link Disclaimer
OOH Sites constantly contain links to external and to third party websites. OOH Sites does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to the OOH Sites in question.
OOH Sites does not operate or control and does not have any responsibility for any information, products and/or services found on external websites. Nor do such links represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any information, products and/or services provided on or through any external sites, including, without limitation, warranties of any kind, either express or implied, warranties of title or non-infringement of Implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
People who visit OOH Sites are assumed to take their own responsibility and risk in using any external sites. Visitors should report any concerns or dissatisfaction regarding any external link to its site administrator or webmaster.
Competitions – Terms of Entry
1. All competitions on our site are open to residents of the UK, 18 years or over, except employees of Out of Hand and their associated, affiliated or subsidiary companies, and their families, agents or anyone else professionally associated with the draw.
2. Details regarding how to enter as published form part of the terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
3. Only one entry per person. Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. The winner(s) will be drawn at random from all entries received by the closing date. If winning is dependent on answering a question correctly, then the winner(s) will be drawn at random from all correct entries received.
4. All entries must be received by the published closing date.
5. The winner(s) will be notified by email, telephone or letter and their name may be published. The winner(s) will be notified within seven days of the published closing date of the prize draw. The name of the winner(s) may be disclosed to anyone who writes within one month after the published closing date, enclosing a stamped addressed envelope, to 247 Magazine, Out of Hand, Hebron House, Sion Rd, Bedminster, Bristol, BS3 3BD. The prize will be delivered to the winner’s home address within 28 days of notification, unless the winner is notified otherwise. Prizes will not be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of contestants, illegal or otherwise.
6. The prizes as published are available on the date of publication. The prize is subject to availability and to any published restrictions. All prizes are non transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
7. The winner may be required to participate in publicity. Note that by entering into this competition you agree to have your name released as the winner, should you be drawn as a winner of the prize.
8. Events may occur that render the prize draw itself or the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter and accordingly the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
9. English law applies and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts shall prevail. The Promoter of competitions of this site is: 247 Magazine, Hebron Hosue, Sion Rd, Bedminster, Bristol, BS3 3BD.
10. All competition entrants will be added to our database to receive updates regarding 247 Magazine. Entry to any of our competitions is subject to agreement to receive updates from us. To opt out, either email 247(at)outofhand.co.uk with REMOVE FROM COMPETITION EMAIL LIST in the subject title and include the email address you wish to have removed, or opt out when you receive the first email update from us.
Notification of Changes
The OOH Sites (excluding linked sites) are controlled by Out of Hand Ltd., from its offices within the UK. By accessing to the OOH Sites, you and Out of Hand Ltd. agree that the statutes and laws of the UK, without regard to the conflicts of laws principles thereof, will apply to all matters relating to the use of the OOH Sites. Those who choose to access the OOH Sites from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
If you have any questions, concerns or notices of violations to these terms and conditions, please contact the editor of OOH Sites or send an email to info -[at]- outofhand.co.uk